Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day at Last

I haven't posted much about the impending election. Mostly because I am a bit disgusted with everyone this time. I nearly posted the following a few weeks ago:

Dear Candidates:

Stop Lying!

Historically, there have always been ugly campaigns. Actually, twentieth century campaigns were much more polite than the ones in the nineteenth century. Still, I'm tired of the blatant lies and the stirring of unfounded malice.

Yet here we are, poised to decide which way the country will lean over the next four years. Neither candidate is my first choice to be honest. Truthfully, neither candidate is my second choice. As seems to be usual in politics, the people who discussed substantive matters in the primaries failed to carry on to the general election. What remains are the candidates who inspire, and have substance just a bit on the back burner.

I suppose inspiration is a good thing. Hope is a wonderful thing. But for goodness sake, would someone please do something?!?

I know I sound a bit jaded just now. This election is truly exciting because no matter what happens, history will be made. Of course, I hope it is the history I select. I will be on the edge of my seat awaiting the final results. They say there will be a large margin of victory, given recent presidential elections, I find it hard to believe. I'm still not sure when I'll vote. The lines are predicted to be unbelievably long.

Please vote. The only wasted vote is the one not cast.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home