Saturday, January 03, 2009

Sounds like my kind of place...

I just found this link at the Dinky Dyes BB. I will be very interested to see what happens when it opens.

I'm at a bit of a loss tonight. The kids are in bed. I was in the mood to play Civilization with the discs I bought at a closing Circuit City, but I discovered that I bought the expansion pack which will be really cool, when I actually own the game it expands. {sigh}

I should work on the first grade quilt for a bit (lots of cutting to do), but I kind of want to cross stitch. But I don't know which project is calling me.

I'll go cut for a while and if the kids stay down, maybe I'll find a small project to stitch.

And a query for you quilters: Do you always pre-wash your fabrics? I know I should, but our basement is so cold. If you do, do you throw the fabrics in the dryer?

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1/04/2009 10:56 AM, Blogger Daffycat said...

Oooo, very interesting. Thanks for the link!

I don't quilt but if I did I'd probably pre-wash. Fabrics can be really weird during/after washing...I'd rather know beforehand what it's going to do. I'd dry in the dryer too.

 
At 1/05/2009 9:32 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for the "heads up" for the stitcher's village (giving us the link). I look forward to finding out more about it, too. Just wish it had a place to enter an email address to receive a notice when it is finally up and running.
Thanks again...take care!

Lisa
www.cadurst.blogspot.com

 
At 1/18/2009 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holley, this is probably way too late for your quilt project, but yes, you should always prewash before quilting the fabric. Otherwise, when you wash the finished piece, the inevitable shrinkage will pull at the stitching.

(This info is from the quilting ladies at church, as I am not - yet - a quilter.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home