Sunday, December 14, 2008

Post in which I explain what happened this time....

So we went to my Mom's for Thanksgiving this year. Had a nice time. My oldest brother and his girlfriend came over Thursday evening--she's still doing well. My middle brother brought his family over from the Dayton area Friday night.

We returned home Saturday so that we could accomplish somethings and we could generally recover. After mostly unpacking I turned to my computer and pressed the giant "on" button.

Lights flashed, there were some whirring noises, then it fizzled to silence. I tried again with the same result.

Without warning, my computer was gone.

So, new computer jumped to the top of the must get items and I received an unexpected Christmas present early. Sort of. All the components shipped separately and the actual computer arrived earlier this week. Chas and I were under a strict deadline on another matter, so today was the day for the new computer to be assembled. After I cleaned the debris laden area surrounding my computer desk that is.

Several hours later, it is done.

And it is beautiful. {insert contented sigh here}

So that is what happened, this time.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12/14/2008 7:53 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

A new computer...insert dreamy sigh here.

 
At 12/15/2008 11:19 AM, Blogger Brenda Lou said...

Just love new toys!! Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home