Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dr. Snobbery?

One other thing about my miscarriage:

I was bad and didn't see the ob/gyn after the okay to return to work. For a variety of stupid reasons but the gist is that I didn't see them for about three years.

When I started having problems I called them and they told me that they couldn't see me because I was considered a new patient again.

Fine. But it's an emergency.

You're still a new patient. Do you want to see a doctor in this other related practice.

Uh yeah, because it's an emergency.

So, I think I'll stick with the doctor who somehow managed to squeeze me in while I was having a miscarriage, rather than go back to the practice where one doctor made me completely uncomfortable and they can't see me when I'm having an emergency. I understand that they have a busy practice and need to draw limits, but I'd rather go to the place that is willing to take me in on short notice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home