Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Productive Weekend

Plants planted. Everything but the sprouts and seedlings are in the ground , or hanging overhead. My Dianthus return every year and are blooming nicely. Dear hubby tore out the two lovely evergreen bushes that crowded everything else. We loved the color but not the shape and they were growing under the globe shrubs so they had to go. I thought briefly of saving them to put at the front of the yard, but Chas thought otherwise.

Now I have room in the sunny flowerbed so the daisies, hydrangea, salva and zinnia are tucked in.

On the shady side, Chas nearly destroyed the bleeding heart in an attempt to remove it from the hanging basket. To be fair, it is fragile and I nearly killed it as well. Last night I looked and it is blooming so it appears that the plant will pull through. The dahlias are planted and look as though they will burst open soon. The geranium has no flowers but the leaves are pretty.

Best of all, the fuschia is hanging overhead. Come little hummingbirds we have snacks for you!

Stitches stitched. I spent a lot of time stitching. The Santorini goal was exceeded. I think I'll have lower goals for it next month though.

Met the goal for Frog Prince as well--I'll post pictures of it after the SAL tomorrow.

Chas will have to wait another month for his Pitt Panther, but I'm close to finishing. It should be done by the end of June.

I've done really well on GTK. The only part remaining unfinished are the rhodes stitches from part one. I can't tell you how happy I am that the stupid sheaf stitches are done. I hated them with a passion. I blame the fiber and the fabric. My fingers hurt after forcing so many of them through. I hope to stitch a little on it tonight. The new part will be released on Thursday so I'm nearly completely current. Very good considering how little I actually had done on it at the beginning of the month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home