Thursday, July 06, 2006

Stitching Update

While on our travels, I packed almost every WIP I have to keep busy.

On all the long car rides (Saturday, Monday and Wednesday), I stitched parts 5 and 6 of GTK. I did a little more stitching this morning. I only need to finish five more leaves, backstitch the snail, do the specialty stitches and then add the beads. I think it is very likely that I can finish both parts this week. It will be nice to be caught up on something.

I added a bit of the border of JG on Monday night when we returned to the IL's home because I needed something with large groups of color and the border was the easiest thing I could focus on in my exhaustion.

On Sunday, I focused on Midi 1 and finished Part 5! Then I went back and worked on the vines in the columns. I need to do all of parts four and most of part six and pick up bits from 1, 2 and 3, then I can do the special stitches and beading and be done! I am highly motivated because I really want to work on at least the black border of Midi 2. It is so beautiful. I need most of the silks for Midi 2 but I think I have a piece of antique white that is big enough so I think I will start that one if I make just a bit more progress on Midi 1. On Saturday I did just a bit more stitching on Dad's Santorini, but not as much as I had hoped. I need to count, but I am certain that I did not meet my stitching goal for Santorini in June.

Tuesday night after all the hooplah (and due to the fact that Great-Grandma Ethel put coffee in that very rich chocolate cake she served), I was able to put some stitches in Ballet Pig Quick Stitch. I love it.

Overall, I am quite proud of the amount of stitching actually done this weekend.


Post a Comment

<< Home