Saturday, August 18, 2007

Just some stitching


Here it is in all its glory: the first page in my HAED SAL Challenge project. I have bits started on the second and sixth pages too. I think I can get through at least two more SAL's before I need to grid more fabric.

I'm almost looking forward to the second page with the confetti stitching after spending eight months on the nearly solid blocks of color on page 1. I never realized how close in color DMC 300 and 400 are.

I wonder how long it will take me to stitch this page.

Regardless this is a landmark for me--this is the first page I've completed on a full size HAED chart.

I've been stitching on Frog Prince 3 for Angie. I have finished much of the girl's face and some of her hair. I'll post a scan of that soon too. I need to switch to other things if I hope to put needle to fabric in all the August projects. I was hoping to have Tina's book finished this weekend so that my mom (who will be here tomorrow) can take it to her. However, we spent last week in a flurry of activity trying to get Angie's supplies for Kindergarten. We still need to get her to the Dentist and have him complete the necessary form, but I think I've finished everything else. We received the bus information today. It only confirmed my intention to have Chas drive her to school. If she bused, she would get on the bus at 6:30 a.m. and be transported to another school to make a connecting bus at 7:25 a.m., which would then take her to her school by 8:00 a.m. Maybe when she's older, but I don't want my daydreamy child transferring buses just yet. That just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

I've also been bad. I started a new small project. I didn't mean to, but I saw a cute freebie yesterday that begged to be stitched. I had the perfect Dinky Dye fibers for it and I finally found a purpose for the 36 count Silkweaver solo I purchased two years ago. I hope to finish it this month and will post photos when its done. This also takes my complete WIP/SWIP/UFO total to 42. Since that is the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything, I feel good about my new start.

I know I am an unrepentant, unrestrained serial starter, but at least I have lots of fun things to stitch.

It's good to have options, don't you think?

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8/18/2007 7:55 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Congrats on finishing your first page ;)

 
At 8/19/2007 3:36 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

I just finished a piece with lots of confetti - I'm so glad to get back to something more simple. I can't do the lots of starts like you - I'm getting hung up on keeping the flosses for one project together. I think I'm just too anal. I WANT to start multiple pieces, but can't bring myself to be working on more than two or three at a time. Ack.

 
At 8/19/2007 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow-that looks great! I love this pattern, and you are doing a superb job!

 
At 8/20/2007 10:20 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Congrats on finishing that page! That's a lot of stitching. Ive never stitched a HAED before.
I know what it feels like to be a serial starter. Im not at 42 yet mind you ;) but i couldnt agree more...its good to have options!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home