Friday, August 03, 2007

Random Act of Goodness

Let me start by saying, "Thank you unknown fellow Northeastern Ohio crafter."

Yesterday my brother e-mailed me to say that Tina had received her brother's stem cells. We don't know if this will work, but it is the only treatment left. He added that her own stem cells are gone and she has no immune system so even the mildest virus could do serious harm.

I decided that I would get the supplies I needed from Jo Ann's immediately. So Kian and I went with Angie and Chas to her drop off class. Chas, Kian and I ran to JoAnn's while Angie was at class.

I found the right fabric, some ribbon to try ruching, and the acid free board I needed. Chas found some things we needed and some craft glue required for kindergarten. I was feeling a little stressed and worried about my brother, in addition to a few other things so I grabbed the bags after paying and left.

Much later in the evening, I opened the bags to pull Angie's glue to put with her other supplies. I discovered that we were missing a bag completely. Chas checked the car and I looked around the house but no luck. It was a half an hour before the store closed so I called to see if they had found the bag. Nancy at guest services looked but no luck. She was very understanding and said that probably the customer after me received the bag with her own. She told me to come back and the store would replace my things.

I was really distressed because I wouldn't be able to start the project that night.

So we stopped at JoAnn's after class and dinner tonight. I went to the guest services area and asked if there was a bag for me, figuring that there had been enough time that perhaps the other person had discovered the additional bag and returned it.

Guess what?

The bag was there bundled up and waiting for me! The girl at guest services was surprised and I was elated.

Thank you again random fellow stitcher!

So tonight during Angie's bath, I'll cut some batting and the fabric. Hopefully I'll have something nice to show you within the next week.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8/03/2007 10:25 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Your family will be in my prayers. Been there and it's the toughest thing ever. {{{HUGS}}}

I'm glad you were able to get the bag. There are some honest people left in the world. :)

 
At 8/08/2007 3:44 AM, Blogger Bev said...

its so nice to see that there are some honest people in the world, as i have lost things before but they have never been returned.

hope you are all coping and everything is ok on the family front. my thoughts are with you

 
At 8/08/2007 2:54 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. I don't knnow who Tina is but I hope she is going to be alright.

Please visit me again ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home