Saturday, January 05, 2008

I Start, Therefore I Am.

I have attempted a new start everyday of this new year. The serial starter in me is giddy with the joy of multiple new projects.

January 1: Hope Perches by The Sampler Girl (Love it)
January 2: Colored Pencils by Scandinavian Stitches (my first use of Danish Flower Thread--nice) I figured that I should start my teacher gift now so that it is actually finished by the end of this school year. I want to avoid the stressful debacle that was the ornaments.
January 3: Polar Lights by Chatelaine (I try very hard not to squeal with delight every time I put in a new stitch I'm so excited to start this project finally)
January 4: Have a Cup of Cheer by the Sampler Girl (I think I'm going to frog it and start it on a different fabric--so two starts for the price of one!)

And no guilt yet!

No scans as I haven't had time to operate the scanner (unclutter it really). I'm sneaking this post in quickly before Chas has to start working in a few hours.

I attempted to start Autumn by Chatelaine on my lunch, but I've never done a nun stitch and the chart doesn't seem to have a diagram for it. At home I searched for nun stitch diagrams on the Internet, but after looking at several, I still don't fathom it at all. Since I'm not actually finishing this as a bellpull, I may just use a satin stitch instead and be done with it.

I have a few other new starts lined up and I'm contemplating a HAED start but don't know which project I want to use. Nothing is really screaming at me to start, but I'm generally thinking about either Found or Pirate Dragon by Lisa Victoria or maybe the QS for Fireflies on Parade by Stacy Tippin. Or maybe if I want to start a big HAED, I'll go with Bedtime Tales by Lisa Victoria. I'm tempted to start a new Teresa Wentzler and maybe an M Designs chart, perhaps a few other big things. We'll see--I don't think it is possible to have 31 new starts this month.

I'm having a good time. Can you tell?

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1/06/2008 8:02 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Whoah!! Sounds like you are having a major party for one!! I am having fun just reading about it.

There's a nun stitch diagram here that might be helpful:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_elegant_stitcher/

 
At 1/06/2008 8:06 AM, Blogger Janet said...

seems the end of the link mightn't have come out. I'll try again. It should read:

flickr.com/photos/
the_elegant_stitcher/

Hope it works this time.

 
At 1/06/2008 3:47 PM, Blogger Sue said...

You are doing something that I DREAM of doing. I would love to start a whole bunch of projects, but have never been able to bring myself to do it. I look forward to watching you continue with them, post lots of pictures ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home