Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More things I never thought I would hear myself say.

Hubby gets a new catalogue.

He gets excited, "Hey, they have a sonic screwdriver!!!!!!"

He pauses and reflects for a few seconds then says, "It probably doesn't really work."

I look at him incredulously, "No Honey. It probably doesn't work."


****************************************

I'm not blogging much, not sewing or stitching much. I am mostly working in about seven dimensions simultaneously.

At work, I'm trying to wrap up my current docket by the end of the month. I have lots to do.

At home, we are waiting, waiting, waiting to hear about the house. The good news is that our offer is believed to be in the correct department right now. Sigh. I'm just hoping that we get some good news soon.

In crafty news, I have made a quilting plan--quilts I want to make. I really need to find the time to assemble the quilt for my clerk who is leaving in a few weeks. I made Love Beads by FunQuilts. It may be awhile before I work on curved pieces again. Or at least until I get a better sewing machine. Which, come to think of it, may be quite a while. Never fear, I have laid the groundwork for this purchase by complaining that I should have gotten a better sewing machine after the house fire every time I pull out my current sewing machine. Dear sweet Hubby has authorized the purchase once he buys his home brewing stuff.

I also need to make two zippered bags for Angie's school supplies. Apparently, in Second Grade, there are no boxes. I'm supposed to be using my fabric, so I thought this would be a good way to do it, but I need more time. Fortunately, school starts late this year so it will be two days after my docket switcheroo.

I'm having a bit of a rough day--work related--but typing this out has helped me remember that it isn't all bad.

I'm still hoping things will get better. Eventually, I will get around to posting project photos. That should brighten up the old blog.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8/13/2009 2:33 PM, Anonymous Cheryl said...

I hope your work-stress calms down soon. Of course, that will then be replaced with move into a new house stress, which, though good stress, is still, well, stressful. I do hope that you get some down time, soon. {{{hugs}}}

 
At 8/24/2009 5:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you SO MUCH for this post. Thank you for having the courage
to be real......i hope your work stress calms down soon.....

--
Venus
Wireless Home Alarm Security

Systems

 

Post a Comment

<< Home