Friday, May 05, 2006

A Good Day at Work

I can't talk specifically about what I do, because it deals mostly with the most private areas of people's lives. Technically, it's all public record, but it isn't appropriate blogging material for many reasons. So I'm just going to memorialize that I had a really good day. I don't get many of those.

Today, I helped people, and they all left smiling, even with the tears in their eyes. Watching them, I knew I did something really good and completely right. I couldn't do more. I couldn't do what I really wanted to do, but I did what I could within the constraints of my job. And it meant more to them than I realized prior to this day. To me, I just did my job. To them, I changed their lives in a positive way.

And I started thinking about what it does when you deny some very basic rights, privileges and responsibilities to one sector of the population. And how most of us take for granted things that are denied to others. We shouldn't. I shouldn't.

I had a rare day, where I was able to do something wonderful. I hope I remember this forever, and that I remember to cherish what I have.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home