Monday, October 23, 2006

And the Winner is....

Bedtime Story by Sara Butcher (trust me--the caption is incorrect). She won hands down in the poll.

So I found a clean piece of fabric--antique white monaco in 28 count. It was still in its plastic tube in the bottom of the fabric drawer so it wasn't harmed.

I took Angie to the craft store (Pat Catan's) to buy some of the DMC for the project. Thanks so much to Jeannie-Maree for sending me the usage list--I would have been completely lost without it. Angie had a great time picking out crafts for herself (she's big into the foamies right now).

I gridded part of the fabric and started stitching last night--the first time since September 4, 2006.

A few thoughts upon commencing the stitching:

1. Oh my merciful heavens. This is one huge BAP! I do not know if I can finish the first few rows this year, let alone the entire chart. This is why I stick primarily to the quick stitches.
2. Yummmmmm! I am stitching with some of my favorite DMC blues and purples. I'm just starting, and the background is huge, but I love these colors.
3. I am old. My eyes are old. Next time I should splurge and get the large print chart. Two symbols which appear side by side throughout the chart are almost identical when printed at the regular size on my little ink jet. Thank goodness I've learned how to print larger from my Chatelaines.

I've only put in a few hundred stitches both yesterday and today. Very pretty. I think that I'll focus on Bedtime Story for the next two days since I missed the first two days of the SAL. Then I'll try to stitch at least one 12 inch strand each day to see how I progress.

I'd also like to pick up JG once more before the Yahoo class ends at the beginning of November.

And of course, there will be pictures. Eventually.

2 Comments:

At 10/24/2006 1:57 PM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

Yay! I bet it feels good to stitch again!

 
At 10/24/2006 5:35 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

Hooray! So glad you're stitching again and you found some clean fabric :) But those colours are gorgeous. Yes, they're huge these charts, but they're also beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home