Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happy Dance: Misadventures of a Bead Snob


I finished the Cancer Awareness Blackwork Design tonight! What do you think of my compromise? The design is stitched on an oppy lugana using Grape Slushy, Heather's Sweets and Kiwi Lime Pie from Six Strand Sweets. I started to use Mill Hill beads to complete it because MH beads are fine (or so I thought) when they are not placed directly next to one another. However, I promptly pulled out the first bead (too thin--you know how uneven the widths of the MH beads are). I had toyed with some delicas earlier and decided to use them instead. I settled on #117, left over from my GTK kit thanks to the wonderful kitting at European Cross stitch, for the purple, and #274, from a Bead Collectors Pack also thanks to ECC. I used Piecemakers size 28 so that I could really enjoy beading (note to self need more Piecemakers). I'm very pleased with the result--it looks very nice in real life.

Now I just need to gather the supplies for finishing it. My plan is to make a little book with this design and the Labrador. I need to find some nice fabric with blue, purple and green for the cover. I may even go wild and try my hand at trimming the book with ruched ribbon.

The news regarding Tina's health is not good. According to my Mom, Tina was told that either she attempt some stem cell treatment, or she only has one year to live.

I guess it doesn't hurt to hope for a miracle.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home