Monday, June 04, 2007

Seriously

Kian has been diagnosed with a bi-cuspid aortic valve which has developed into aortic stenosis. To look at him, you would never realize that there is anything wrong with him. He is a typical baby and only cries when he's hungry, sleepy or wanting a diaper change. Or if he wants me to hold him. He is precious.

What all this means is that he needs to have a medical procedure within in the next few weeks to attempt to stretch his aorta. He'll need to go under anesthesia and will be in the hospital (with me) over night if all goes well. Angie was with us in the doctor's office and she was jabbering away while the Cardiologist was explaining everything. I thought she wasn't paying attention, but then she blurted out, "We can't leave Kian alone." I reassured her that he wasn't being left alone. I'm constantly surprised at how attached she is to him.

Chas, my generally cynical husband, is being optimistic. He turned to me and stated, "We'll get through this the way we always do: together." I go back and forth between hope, worry and being terrified.

We are so very lucky that this was discovered at all. We are so lucky to live near one of the best pediatric hospitals in the country. At least we have a chance to save him.

But, as I said, my emotions are all over the place as we wait for the procedure to be scheduled. I'm hoping that this procedure will work for Kian. He may need surgery eventually. I'd like for him to have that chance too.

Please keep Kian in your thoughts and prayers.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 6/05/2007 8:42 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

So many times in my life lately I have wished for the magic words to say to someone I love. They still haven't come to me. Just know that I love you and I hope for only good things for you and your entire family.

 
At 6/05/2007 9:15 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

Hugs Holley {{{}}}} They can do such amazing things on even tiny babies these days. I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm thinking of you.

 
At 6/05/2007 9:56 AM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

Lots of hugs to you and your family. I'm sure he'll be fine. It's good that they found out quickly though. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

 
At 6/05/2007 8:38 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I'm sorry your boy is ill. I will keep him in my prayers ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home