Monday, April 16, 2007

One more post while I still can...

and it's stitching related of course.

I haven't posted my progress on the QS Ballet Pigs from the HAED Easter Creature SAL last week so here she is. Quite pretty really. Sorry for all the stringy bits--I grid and I still need the marks to keep track of the confetti stitches to be added. Angie was very excited to see me working on it. She kept asking to be able to hold it while it was in the Q-Snap (and by the way, they really need to make smaller Q-Snaps).

I don't know if you can tell but I am very nearly done with her. I thought about taking her to the hospital with me, but realistically, I don't think I'll have the ability to concentrate on the tiny over one confetti stitches that remain--she's on 32 count linen which I find to be extra challenging (I won't be using 32 count linen for a HAED ever again). I don't know if I will actually finish her this month, but I'm awfully close.

She won't be framed when finished. I need to find some way to flat finish or pillow finish her so that Angie can hold her.

This past weekend was the April HAED Challenge SAL. I'm posting a photo here because it is still blobby enough to be difficult to decide what it is (maybe). This is a gift for someone who reads this blog regularly so if you think you know which design it is, please don't post it here. (Thanks.) Of course at the rate I am stitching this lovely design, she and I may be old and insensible by the time I finish. Not to imply that either of us are terribly sensible right now.


Still I am much farther along than I thought I would be after the SAL. I think I've finished 50 ten by ten squares and have stitches in roughly 20 additional squares. It is stitched with full crosses on 28 count evenweave. Umm, looks nice doesn't it? I may finish the first page by the end of the SAL in May. When I move onto the second page, I'll be getting to the exciting bits of this design. This one will also not be going to the hospital with me.


I am taking a few projects to the hospital, but they are over two and not as complex. I have a "simple" Chatelaine (the Christmas Mandala Freebie) and a a simple chart from Nadel Faden Fantasie/Bahmann Art & Broderie. I'm not certain if I'll be able to stitch much but I have them if I get bored and am unable to sleep while Kian sleeps.
Well, a stitcher can hope right?

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4/17/2007 8:33 AM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

Both look wonderful!

 
At 4/17/2007 8:48 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Sensible? Not a chance.

 
At 4/17/2007 8:48 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

And I love the pig!

 
At 4/18/2007 8:01 AM, Blogger Angi said...

Oh the piggies look great!!! *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home