Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Final March Happy Dance!


I finished Stretch by TW today just before noon. Hooray! That is one more for the challenge! The colors are beautiful and the knotted border glows. I'm thinking of making it into a small pillow for Kian, or not. I don't know yet. There is finishing stitching and finishing. I'm okay at the first, rubbish at the second.

Then I picked up Santorini, an over one project for my Dad. Stitching over one white on 32 count white fabric made me tired so I stopped after a bit. I'm hoping to have it finished before his birthday in July, but we'll just see. I've finished the first two pages and only have the smallest two pages left, but I don't know if I can do it.

This evening I worked on Midi 1. There is still a small amount of hope that I can actually finish this before the baby arrives. A very small amount. It is coming together nicely and even if it is the only Chatelaine I focus on after Kian arrives, I still may get it done by the end of the summer.

Kian's co-sleeper arrived and it looks much better than it did on the internet. Angie wanted to climb in so we let her lay in it for a minute or two (she is still under the weight limit). She looked a little too crowded so I think she'll allow Kian to sleep there instead. I think our home is as ready as it will be for Kian's arrival.

I'm getting a bit nervous. I have so much to do at work. I'm hoping I can get it all done in time. I discovered this week that although my boss has known about my pregnancy since October, and I gave him my due date and likely length of leave in January, and I've even discussed substitute per diems with both my boss and the department secretary, they have not actually arranged for anyone to cover my docket. I may return from leave only to find that nothing actually happened on any of my cases and the warm body sitting in my chair just continued everything. I will try not to panic. I will remain reasonably calm. I'm just frustrated because I have worked so hard during the last two months, attempting to wrap up some of the more complicated matters. Oh well, what will be, will be. And if I win the lottery.....Craft Store!

I've reached the 37 week mark today. I'd like to work at least another two weeks, but it is all up to Kian at this point. I go to the doctor on Tuesday so we'll see how things are progressing.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4/02/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Congrats on your finish. Im rubbish at finishing finishes too!

 
At 4/02/2007 1:25 PM, Blogger Salilouisa said...

Congratulations on your HD. I've never even attempted finishing - I know my limitations.

 
At 4/02/2007 1:44 PM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

Stretch is beautiful!

 
At 4/04/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Congratulations on this piece, it is one of my favorites--I stitched it for a friend. Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home