Thursday, March 22, 2007

Yes a Happy Dance

In the wake of yesterday's yuckiness, I forgot to mention that I did complete Snow Crystal Tuesday night. It's gorgeous. I will try to take a picture this weekend if the light is good. Snow Crystal is too big for my scanner (time for a larger scanner) and when I get home in the evening, the twilight casts those terrible orange shadows on my photos. I'm just excited that I at last have a decently sized happy dance. Now I just need to do the finishing--I have some special plans in mind for it.

But still, a hearty huzzah for finishing the first project in my 25 project challenge. It isn't one of my larger mandalas, but at least it isn't an ornament!

I worked a little on Tree of Hope last night (because I needed it) and then switched to Midi 1. I don't think I will be able to finish Midi 1 by next Saturday, but I will be close to finishing it. A few cross stitches are left and then I can completely focus on the special stitches and beading. Yay! I loved beading Snow Crystal and if I get far enough on Midi 1, I just may start beading early to cheer myself up a bit.

I have to frog part of Stealing Oats, but just a small part and mostly because I'm fussy, not actually because it would ruin the design. I'll try to post a photo of that too (because I'm so excited about how it is coming together). I'm very fond of these designs because they are so simple, yet look so nice.

I am trying so hard to restrain myself from starting some new (larger) design, which I would normally do as a way of coping with the yuckiness of yesterday (or I would buy more stash). However, I don't want to fail the challenge this early, so I am trying to focus on the great feeling of another happy dance. With the Ornament SAL this weekend I can at least start something new that is small. If I can hold out for another big happy dance, maybe I'll let myself start something new.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3/23/2007 8:59 AM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see the picture!

 
At 3/23/2007 5:12 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

Congratulations! :) And hang on in there - no need to buy new stuff. You can do it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home