Monday, April 16, 2007

Hatching Day

We saw the Doctor today. Absolutely no change whatsoever. And the Doctor is thinking that Kian is big. His heartbeat is very good though. The Doctor did not seem to think Kian was in any imminent danger.

The end result: we are scheduled for a c-section early Wednesday morning. Apparently this is all typical for pregnant moms of advanced maternal age (good grief I'm only 37). I doubt that I'll have much energy for posting or stitching or anything else other than feeding and diaper changing for a while.

I'm disappointed that I don't even get to try to go through regular childbirth; I would have liked the experience. I'm hoping that at least Kian will be okay. I am somewhat relieved that we don't have to take a chance and wait another week. I would have worried about him being harmed if we delayed too long. I would have liked a little more time to prepare Angie for my four day absence. With any luck, I should be out on Saturday so we'll only miss three nights at home.

Kian is still moving, even though the poor kid must be getting rather cramped at this point. I'm very excited that we will soon get to meet him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's fine.

So think positive, successful surgery and recovery thoughts for us okay?

Labels: , , ,


At 4/16/2007 7:49 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Good luck Holley. Can't wait to see Kian!!!

At 4/16/2007 7:58 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

I better be on your picture email list. :o)

At 4/17/2007 8:33 AM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see pics!

At 4/17/2007 9:24 AM, Blogger Angi said...

Lots of luck and prayers and hugs! I hope I get to see Kian soon! :)


Post a Comment

<< Home