Sunday, September 30, 2007

Busy Stitchy Girl

A toast--today I finished projects 15-17 of my 25 project challenge!

You can see this month's ornament here.

For my small project, I stitched a bookmark from Tea with Jane by Sampler Girl and stitched two tea cups from a chart found at My Aunt's Attic (Jane and I needed something to put our tea in after all). This is my favorite way to finish a bookmark--I picked up this idea from someone at the TWBB years ago (check the Gallery--it was either Shondratasha or KTCatt) The challenge for me was to stitch the two different sides together without going off center. I used Antique Blue Permin linen with Six Strand Sweets in Blueberry Grunt, Daiquiri Ice and Espresso. And I even used one of my platinum needles (if they only came in petites I'd be happy). It came out beautifully and I will use it on my new Terry Pratchett book as soon as I can find some time to read.
I also finished my Love Quilt Square. It looks great, but I don't want to even think about how many different colors are in that bottom section. Actually, there is quite a lot of confetti in this piece. It comes from a Cross Stitch Pattern a Day Calendar and I'm not certain I'll stitch any more designs from there. The key had symbols that weren't on the chart and the chart had symbols that weren't on the key. It required way more guessing and thinking than I really wanted to do. However, the result is cute and there are several adorable charts in there, so I may foolishly attempt another calendar design. Just not in the near future.
I hope it brings the little boy a smile. A creative mind at work suggested the checkerboard border, which looks fantastic. It's a bright red (the boy's favorite color) with a charcoal grey.
I will resume my regularly scheduled WIP slaying tomorrow. I've done a great job finishing projects this year. Much better than last year. I'm still hoping to finish one of my Chatelaine's this year though. I'll be cutting it close I think.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home