Thursday, July 27, 2006

Be dazzled: Ballet Pig QS




Isn't she beautiful? I want to keep stitching on her, but the coin toss indicated that tomorrow I return to Santorini.

I have determined that I will not do another entirely over one design on Belfast (except for small parts of Martina's designs). The stitches just don't lay as nicely as they do on the true evenweaves.

Still she glows and I love her. As I stitched some of the pig, I kept thinking, "This color makes no sense whatsoever. I don't like how this looks." But with each new color added, they blended and she shines. Michelle and Bob and Sara are geniuses.

As always the pictures don't do her colors justice and the gridding threads (removed after I've finished the section entirely) are distracting. The back, however, is a complete disaster area. My Teresa Wentzler's aren't that cluttered. I did a quick count and there are at least 27 different colors in the pig's face alone. Yikes.

I may try to add some stitches this weekend. I'm missing one or two stitches here and there and I'd like to pick up the odd stitches before I forget where they are. We'll see what the weekend brings.

Oh, Angie has named the dancing piggy Angela. :oD

3 Comments:

At 7/27/2006 5:07 PM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

WOW! That looks great! Amazing progress!

 
At 7/27/2006 5:26 PM, Blogger Holley said...

Thanks! I'm very pleased with it. I could do a little dance myself!

 
At 7/27/2006 6:03 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

She looks great! Yes, sometimes the colours seem so weird but then they come together. It's amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home