Sunday, July 16, 2006

I'm Back

We survived the whirlwind weekend trip to see my Dad and my Mom. I wish we had thought to plan something special for Dad. My brother Scott and I are both kicking ourselves over that. I think next year we will do a big to-do for him. He seemed pleased with the cook out at my Brother's house. Angie managed to keep everyone entertained.

I was still feeling kind of bad so I wasn't in the best of moods. I'm still a little snappish unfortunately. Mom is coming up to watch Angie next month while we go to a party for Chas's company. She is going to stay extra so she can actually visit with me.

In stitching news, I took Springtime Roses with me for stitching in the car. Martina designed this freebie for a May SAL those of us who couldn't go to the U.S. classes were having over at the Chatelaine BB. It was amazingly nice of her. It is such a pretty little design, I can't figure out why I haven't finished it. Perhaps it is that I have been distracted by other designs (Midi and JG spring to mind). I'm thinking that I can actually finish it within the next month if I actually work on it now and then.


I also worked on Frog Prince 3. That upper section has been distressing me. I concentrated on filling in all the single empty spots and that has improved my mood. If I can stitch it tonight, I should have the top three rows of blocks completed. I'll need to grid more sections before I do much more stitching as I am already starting to move beyond the gridded area. I'm almost to the girl and the crown. If I can do three rows each month, I may have this finished in time for Christmas and meet my goal.

I'm also pondering doing one of those infamous 101 things in 1001 days that seems to be floating around. I'm feeling list-y lately, which I suppose is better than listless. I need to peruse some lists to see what sort of reasonable goals I can accomplish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home