Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August Goals:

Which sounds very impressive depending upon your pronunciation.

Any hoo (considerably less impressive), here are my stitching goals for August:

Chatelaine goals
1. Finish stitching the last zen garden and corner element in JG.
2. Complete the black and blue border in JG.
3. Track down Eterna Stranded source for possible use in JG.
4. Complete one blue and gold ornament in WG
5. Complete another set of pillar/gate in WG
6. Complete part 7 of GTK.
7. Complete the unfinished sections of parts 1, 2 and 3 of Midi 1.
8. Start kit and prep fabric for Midi 2 and stitch the black frame (993 NPI being one of the colors I have on hand).
10. Finish part 1 of Taj.
11. Stitch on Springtime roses.
12. Stitch the dragonfly in purple for a friend.

Non Chatelaine goals:

1. Finish the hands, face, hair, fan and obi on mom's Japanese Lady.
2. More flowers on the Japanese Lady.
3. Finish the kimono on the Japanese Lady.
4. Stitch at least 30 ten by ten squares on the Santorini project for my Dad.
5. Stitch at least 2 rows on the Frog Prince 3.
6. Complete 6 ten by ten squares on Star Fae.
7. Complete at least 6 ten by ten squares on Ballet Pigs.
8. Do the final charting and start stitching on the sampler I'm doing for a friend.

Many of them are carry over goals from July (and maybe June too), but let me tell you about my accomplishments on the July list:

July Chatelaine goals
1. Finish stitching the last zen garden and corner element in JG.--Stitched a bit, but didn't finish.
2. Complete the black and blue border in JG.--Stitched a bit, but didn't finish.
4. Complete one blue and gold ornament in WG.--Stitched a bit, but didn't finish.
5. Complete another set of pillar/gate in WG.--Stitched a bit, but didn't finish.
6. Complete part 5 & 6 of GTK.--Done!
10. Stitch on Springtime roses. Yup!


July Non Chatelaine goals:
4. Stitch at least 20 ten by ten squares on the Santorini project for my Dad.--Stitched a bit, completed 10 squares, started many squares.
5. Stitch at least 6 ten by ten squares on the Frog Prince 3. Done!
6. Complete 6 ten by ten squares on Star Fae.--Stitched four complete squares.
7. Complete at least 6 ten by ten squares on Ballet Pigs.Done!
8. Complete at least 4 ten by ten squares on Pegasus and Castle Bubble.Done!
9. Do the final charting and start stitching on the sampler I'm doing for a friend.--Nope but I've changed my mind about the Fabric so it's good that I didn't start.

I deleted the crane goal for JG because I'm still not entirely happy with my selections for the black. I've found another silk alternative, but I need to find a reliable supplier. The nice part is that I've priced it and this is one of the least expensive silks. I've heard that the delivery is a bit unpredictable.

I switched out MTM for Taj. She has been calling me lately, so I want to put a few stitches in her.

I added 10 squares to the Santorini goal because I didn't get to them this month.

I deleted the Pegasus and Castle Bubble because I need to do more on the other projects. If I stitch on it at all, I'll only do two or four ten by ten squares.

I plan to prep some fabric for the Buttercup Fae. It's a gift and there are other items in the gift queue that need work, but I might put a few stitches in it too.

Finally, with all the craziness from the past week, I have several posts here and on Angie's Blog that are drafted. I'll be adding them and posting my 101 things list in the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home