Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Foot inqueries

A few people asked about my foot, so here is an update (I won't post any pictures though).

I have not soaked the foot either today or yesterday. I should have, but I didn't. The night is still young. I may pull a tub of water for it yet. It does not hurt as much as it did this weekend so I haven't really the icy cold water to relieve the pain. Today it is just itchy and the pinkness (maybe mauve--it's a bit like DMC 3726) has concentrated itself to approximately three inches in diameter centered around the site of the sting.

The foot is still swollen and I can't wear any shoes other than the sandals I was wearing when stung. It is not my most professional ensemble. [Sigh] But at least I'm not hobbling around today.

I have been using an antihistamine, but no hydrocortizone. I try not to use hydrocortizone too often. I would not want to take on the New Zealand mosquitos, since U.S. Mosquitos trigger a fairly strong reaction from me as well. I'm just greatful that this sting did not trigger a stronger reaction. As it was, Chas and my SIL were discussing the merits of taking me to the emergency room and we checked for hospitals covered by our insurance in the area. [Sigh]

My foot and I thank you for your concern. I think I'm on the mend with just a little discomfort left to endure.

1 Comments:

At 8/15/2006 7:24 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

Your poor foot! You sound like me when I get bitten by a mozzie. I bet you end up with a big bruise. Frustrating isn't it? {{hugs}}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home