Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Some Stitching

I have been diligently stitching lately--I love that the HAED SAL last month jump-started me again.

I am about halfway finished with the first page on Bedtime Story (let us not discuss how many pages remain). I'll post a picture, but the first page is really just a large blue blob.

I pulled out Buttercup Kitty Fae for the HAED QS SAL last week. Just stitched a teeny tiny bit, but at least I can say I touched it.

I've worked on JG again. I stopped doing the over one crane--I still need to get the Eternas for the background of the cranes. However, I've finished one side of the top bridge and added more blue to the blue-black border. Funny only because it is the same shades of dark blue as are in the first page of Bedtime Story (well JG uses NPI's instead of DMC but trust me, they are the same colors). You would think that I would be sick of those shades after roughly 4000 stitches of them, but I'm finding that doing Bedtime Story (and loving it--I may never go back to the quick stitches [of course that may be because I will never finish Bedtime Story]), is motivating me to finish the last portion of the border in JG.

Someone posted a great finish of three little girls playing with ribbons in the wind--can't think of the name of the chart, can't find the blog tonight. I was itching to do a cross stitch figure and so I pulled out Mom's Japanese Lady. She should be an one of Barbara Baatz's international angels, but since Mom doesn't really do angels, she will be stitched without the wings. I ripped out the black DMC already stitched for the hair and obi. I don't know about anyone else, but black DMC never seems to cover adequately and the fabric seems to peep through. So I added a strand of Rajmahal Art Silk in Black to the Black DMC, did the loop method (my favorite) and the coverage is perfect. It adds a little more texture because it is slightly plumper than the DMC and Blending Filament (gaak) in the rest of the kimono so I think it looks perfect for the hair and obi. Once I finish stitching with the art silk and dmc blend, I'll post a picture so you can see what I mean.

Tomorrow, Buttercup Kitty Fae and Bedtime Story will argue about who goes to work with me. It's the QS SAL, but I want to finish the first page of Bedtime Story this month--I want to get to the wings soon. Thursday I hope to work on the Japanese Lady while Mom is here and over the weekend I want to finish either the other half of the top bridge in JG or finish the blue black border entirely.

Chas bought a new digital camera so maybe I'll try to take some pictures this weekend as well.

2 Comments:

At 11/15/2006 4:05 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

I need to see piccies! ;)

How funny on the quiz - I got chimera first too and it's so wrong for me. So I picked my alternative choices and got a centaur:

In general, you are a very cautious and reserved person. However, you are also warm hearted, and you enjoy helping others in practical ways. You are a great teacher, and you are really good at helping people get their lives in order.
You are very intuitive, and you go with your gut. You make good decisions easily.

(I would comment on the pay it forward but I'm already signed up!)

 
At 11/15/2006 7:28 PM, Blogger Jenn L in Chicago said...

I don't remember who the blogger was, but I do recall that the piece was called Catch the Wind. And I want to say it's been about a month, maybe 6 weeks, since she finished, so you're going to have to check archives. to find it. I'm also pretty sure she's using Blogger, if that helps you any.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home