Friday, November 10, 2006

So I'm Thinking About Dragons....

I have been holding out on you.

I'm pregnant and due in April. I have held off telling everyone other than our families, my boss and one good friend mostly because I am nervous. I'm afraid that I'm going to lose this baby too. With everything that has happened these past few months, worry has been the predominant emotion. I figuratively hold my breath between doctor's visits. However, as tempting as it is, I wouldn't feel comfortable waiting until I have successfully delivered before posting about the baby.

Never fear, we are happy about the new addition to our family. Angie doesn't quite get it yet, but that's okay. At least she isn't driving us crazy with questions about how the baby got in there yet.

Thanks Cathy, we received your card today. Hugs. We love you.

We saw the Doctor today and heard the heartbeat for the first time. I was a little nervous because it seemed to take so long to find it. When the nurse found the right spot I relaxed and said, "Okay." The nurse said, "Oh." She was concentrating so much on doing her job that she hadn't realized that I was holding my breath and listening intently too. Everything seems okay. I go for a level two ultrasound in a few weeks to see if the baby is healthy.

As for the dragons, I'm thinking about using them in the nursery. I think it's reasonably gender neutral don't you? I have the "You were hatched..." design by Teresa Wentzler. Maybe I'll get one or two of those cute little Lisa Victoria dragons. Then just some nice colors like greens and purples or something.

We aren't concerned about the gender. We just want healthy and living. That is enough of a miracle for us.

3 Comments:

At 11/11/2006 3:20 PM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

OMG!!! Congratulations! That's wonderful news! I couldn't be happier for you! I'm sure everything will be fine, and you'll have a beautiful happy baby next spring!

 
At 11/11/2006 4:46 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

Huge congratulations!! I'll be crossing fingers and toes and floss and everything for you that all goes well. I'm sure it'll be OK but I can understand how extra worrying the last few months have been. Lots of hugs!

 
At 11/13/2006 1:43 AM, Blogger Angi said...

Holley!!!!!! Oh my gosh, Oh I'm so happy for you!! I have already added you to our church's prayer list, and we will think good thoughts *every* day! And I will definately sign up for your Pay it Forward--I'd be HONORED to have something made by you ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home