Sunday, November 05, 2006

Naming the Blog

This week's sbq (or was it last week's--I'm so behind) is:

How did you decide on the title of your stitching blog? Was it random,
or does it have a special meaning to you or about you?

The sub-heading for the title sums it up really. I had been thinking about doing a stitching/general stuff blog for some time. I have one (sadly neglected) that is career based. I have another for my daughter so that long distance family and friends can keep up with her (sadly neglected since the fire). I felt I needed something for the other parts of me. I used to write in a journal everyday--it was wonderful for me (I believe that the journals are now casualties of the fire as are several of my past attempts at creative writing). I waited some time before starting the blog because I couldn't think of a very creative title.

Then it hit me. I always said that everything is a work in progress, myself included. There is nothing in this world that is so perfect that it couldn't use some sort of improvement, therefore, nothing is final, everything is in a constant state of becoming something else. Hopefully changing to something better, but constantly changing.

And then there is my stitching life. What do we call projects we stitch? Our WIPs! One day, it just clicked.

This blog is just one more WIP for me and it is about the WIP that I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home