Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Musical Tag

Sort of.

I've seen this tag floating around the stitching blogs, but I wasn't tagged, until Faye tagged anyone reading her blog. Woo-hoo. I read it all the time. But then I had to think about songs. I despise the radio in Cleveland. I can never listen to a station for longer than one song. The second is usually a stinker I can't stand so I roam the dial.

I used to listen to music all the time--in college and after, especially when I lived by myself. I always had music on while I played on the computer, while I danced enthusiastically throughout the apartment. That has slowed over time. My stereo got tossed in the post fire salvage. I can listen to cd's on my computer while I surf, but Chas usually has the t.v. on for his work (sports blogging) and the t.v. is next to my computer so that would be too much commotion that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the music. I also haven't bought much music in recent years. In the post Angie re-budgeting, my fun money goes to stitching more often than anything else.

Enough rambling, time for the tunes. I went with songs I love and ones that just pop into my head for no reason. Some I've heard recently on the radio and sang along at the top of my voice.

The rules: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether or not they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

1. Everlong by the Foo Fighters (one of my all time favorite songs)
2. Already Gone by the Eagles (I'd had a really bad day at work when this came on the radio)
3. I've Done Everything for You by Rick Springfield (was not thinking about anyone currently in my life)
4. Lovely to See You Again My Friend by the Moody Blues (love the Moody Blues)
5. B!tch by Meredith Brooks ("I'm a little bit of everything all rolled into one...")
6. Black Horse and a Cherry Tree by K.T. Tunstall (I need to get this album)
7. Possession and Ice Cream by Sarah MacLachlan

Technically not seven but I tend to treat "rules" in blogging as "guidelines" anyway.

Nearly making the list are:

1. Heartbeat by King Crimson
2. The Theme from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly performed by the California Guitar Trio
3. King Crimson instrumental whose name escapes me (cd's are packed away in the post fire salvage). I think it was on Vrooom or maybe Thrak. It goes:

daa, da-daa da-da-da, da-da-daa-da-da-da-daaaaaa
daa, da-daa da-da-da, da-da-daa-da-da-da-daaaaaa
(guitar)ba-du-da-du-da-da-daaaa
And so on.

Any idea what it is? Anyone?

Anyway, like Faye, I doubt I have seven readers, especially any who haven't been tagged yet. So I'll tag Cathy and Nicki (sorry ladies) and any other readers who haven't been tagged.

1 Comments:

At 11/06/2006 4:23 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

eek! I'm behing on my blog reading but I will do this. Soon! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home