Sunday, July 08, 2007

Happy Dance: 10,800 Stitches


Here is my piggie! Stitching commenced on June 23, 2006 and finished on July 8, 2007. I have examined her closely several times and I haven't found any missing stitches during the last few passes.

I was right, she was the quickest to finish. It also helped that I stitched her during every Wednesday SAL in May. I am now officially in the double digits for my 25 project challenge. Yay me.

She drove me a bit crazy with all the confetti stitching for the piggie herself, but I am quite fond of her! She is stitched on 32 count Belfast linen and I will never use that fabric for a HAED design ever, ever again. I love the count but I hate the uneven thickness of the woven fiber. I need to find some lugana or jobelan for my HAEDs. I used a tent/continental stitch and I think she looks wonderful. However, I plan to use q-snaps on any over-one projects in which I use the tent stitch to reduce the amount of fabric distortion. I'm hoping I can adjust it properly when I finish her into a stuffed hanging for Angie.

I'm not certain what will take her place for the Wednesday HAED QS SALs. I may alternate between QS Frog Prince 3 and QS Buttercup Kitty Fae. I'm trying to be good and not start a new HAED until I've finished another HAED design. Unfortunately, none of my other HAED WIPs are close to completion. However, if I make a good attempt to stitch during the SALs, I might actually finish another QS by the end of the year.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7/08/2007 5:48 PM, Blogger fudgey said...

Congratulations Holley, your piggy is precious..
i am so happy for you... my vote for wednsdays is Buttercup Fae.. would love to see another nadia Stitched!

 
At 7/08/2007 7:37 PM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

Major congrats! It looks wonderful! I think getting it back into the right shape is called blocking, but I don't know much about it, to be honest. I found this: http://stitching.com/npg/Block.htm. It may help.
I'd love to see either of your other two choices. They're both beautiful pieces, too.

 
At 7/09/2007 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your piggy-Congrats!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home