Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Midi Post




I should just let the photo speak for itself, but here are the basics:



Stitched on 32 count Raw Belfast linen.
Used Kathleen's diagrams for the partial jessica windows.
Herb names stitched with SNC Forest of Greens.
Hildegarde's eye is stitched with SNC Chesnut
Gown stitched with SNC Cerise Noir, Elephant and Castle and Gloriana Rosewood NPI's for the backstitching on the gown (full conversion may be found here).
The roses are stitched with SNC Cerise Noir (I modified the jessica stitch so that they weren't quite so open).
The sheaf stitches are done in SNC Forest of Greens.
The beads in Hildegarde's basket are 684.
The beads in the vines are 297 and 125.


These are all actual photos, rather than scans. They still don't do the colors justice. You'll just have to believe me that this is lovely in real life.

I am fond of this series and can't wait to stitch the others. I am a little sad that the fourth installment (Ancient Times) will be the last. Of course, at the rate I stitch, I should be good with stitching them through 2014.

Some favorite elements are shown below.

The large herbs (I wish I had thought to add a few more as Nicki has done):























One of the flower beds ( I thought they looked awful on the chart but they are spectacular stitched):

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 1/19/2008 2:24 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

It's not too late to add more herb names is it? It looks lovely. You're so right - pictures don't do this one justice. The colours are gorgeous and I'm still in love with the brick effect of those rhodes stitches :)

 
At 1/19/2008 5:00 PM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

WOW!!!!!! That is absolutely stunning! Major congrats! Beautiful! Gorgeous!

 
At 1/20/2008 12:08 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Wow!! Truly beautiful. Congratulations - you must be thrilled! (If it was me, I'd still be too busy admiring it to post about it!). A major achievment, well done.

 
At 1/20/2008 2:15 PM, Blogger Maree said...

Oh my! Gorgeous! :D

 
At 1/30/2008 10:47 PM, Blogger Ginger said...

Wow! It is just beautiful - lovely work, Holley.
Ginger

 
At 2/01/2008 6:13 AM, Blogger tintocktap said...

Wow - that's beautiful! I love all the detail and the herb names etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home