Saturday, March 01, 2008

So Now It Is March....

Hmmmmm....

What were those February goals again? Oh yes. Finish lots of things.

That did not work out so well.

I managed a tiny bit of stitching even though everyone in the house was sick for at least part of February.

I started and made steady progress on Angie's tooth fairy pillow. I still need to finish the wings and skin, then add the backstitching. Then I'll need to do the back and the pocket for the tooth.

I added maybe seventy stitches to the HAED Challenge project during the SAL. I was lucky to get that much in I suppose.

I added a few more stitches to the teacher's gift and charted the letters for the kids names. organizing them into an attractive pattern will be the challenge.

For March, my goals are:

1. Finish the tooth fairy pillow. It would be too embarrassing if the first tooth pops out and the pillow isn't finished. My maternal senses of shame and pride are motivating me to focus on this project.

2. Finish the DMC and NPI parts of WG. This design must be done this year. There are too many pretty new mandalas calling my name. I'm trying to be good and not buy new mandalas until I at least finish one. Or at least until I win the lottery. I think the chances of either happening are roughly the same.

3. Finish Colored Pencils and then chart the names.

4. Add more stitches during the HAED Challenge SAL.

I know: very restrained goals for me. You're wondering if I'm still unwell aren't you?

I must finish that tooth fairy pillow. My credibility as a mommy is wholly on the line here.

And now a quandary: I have a gift certificate to the European Crossstitch Company. I've been eyeing Sampler Cove's Spanish Blue (just scroll down a bit). I have enough on the gift certificate to cover the silks and the magnolia linen as well. Would you just buy the complete Spanish Bleu supplies? Or would you just buy the chart and then pick some other pretty charts (there are always several things I like at ECC)?

I hope to stitch some things this month and actually post some pictures. I'm still thinking about adding herbs to Midi. It will wait for a bit, but I have this overwhelming desire to add "Mugwort" to the design.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3/02/2008 6:22 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

Oh yes - add Mugwort! :)

Hope you're all feeling better by now. I'd buy all the supplies for Spanish Blue if it was me - so nice to get a complete kit that you can start right away whenever you need to!

 
At 3/02/2008 11:28 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I'd buy all the supplies too. It's too gorgeous, I would want to start it straight away (perhaps that's what you are trying to avoid??).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home