Monday, August 24, 2009

Yes we accept-no we don't-yes we do.

We were on a roller coaster last week--the short sale was finally approved, then the loan company pulled back and put extremely unreasonable conditions on the sale. After many phone calls from the seller's realtor, the sale was and is back on. It looks like we will close in September.

Chas and I have branched out to looking for paint and counter tops. Our home inspection on Saturday showed that we will need to replace the counter top in the kitchen. I seem to be drawn to the most expensive choices. Sigh. Chas will spend the next few weeks talking me down I guess. We will need to pick something that works for both white cabinets (currently installed) and natural wood (our eventual renovation). I love the darkest blues and Juniper in this line. What do you think?

As for colors, well, I think there will be a lot of blues. I hope our friends Cathy and Steve will still visit us--they have attempted to banish all blue from their home. There are so many beautiful colors and I have to choose. I can't use them all. Can I?

It's exciting and all very hard to visualize. Everything is happening all at once at home and at work. I really need a vacation.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8/24/2009 10:52 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Congrats! Can't wait to visit you in your new house!

 
At 8/25/2009 11:27 PM, Blogger Jackie's Stitches said...

Congrats on the new house!

I would suggest a neutral for your countertops. We have navy ones now and I thought I'd always love them. Uh....No! I wish now I'd gone with a neutral. It would also make picking out paint easier and give you more options!

 
At 9/10/2009 2:15 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I agree with Jackie - a neutral works best. We have black countertops and I HATE them. Every little spot and speck shows up on them and I'm constantly wiping them clean. I'd stick with neutrals for major items like countertops and cabinets, and use blue for things that can be easily changed like paint and accessories.

I used to work for a countertop distributor and I've seen the Corian Private Collection installed. Sagebrush is really lovely - a greenish color, but still works as a neutral.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home