Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Small House Fire

That would be our house.

I'm still a little shaken right now so if you want details, Dear Husband's blog at NEO Babble has the story. (Link is in the side bar).

I can only add that I don't think I've moved that fast in quite sometime.

And I am greatful beyond words for the Fire Department, the Police Department and several of our neighbors.

I may still burst into hysterical tears at some point out of sheer stress.

But today, the sun is shining, the sky is blue and my little family is still together and breathing. It's a good day.

5 Comments:

At 9/05/2006 2:20 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Good grief! So glad you're all ok! Have a good cry...it'll help...trust me. {{{hugs}}}

 
At 9/05/2006 4:35 PM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

Oh my goodness! Thanks heavens you're all alright. It's sounds like there wasn't too terribly much damage, at least! How scary!

 
At 9/05/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

Big {{{hugs}}} A cry might help as catherine said. So glad there wasn't much damage and you're all OK. How really frightening though. Do you have smoke alarms fitted? More {{{hugs}}}

 
At 9/05/2006 8:43 PM, Blogger Jenn L in Chicago said...

I'm glad everyone is okay and that there was minimal damage. Poor laundry bin LOL. And while I have serious issues with the Red Cross, thank goodness they were there for you and in such a timely fashion.

Now, howindaheck do you get rid of burnt plastic stench?

{{{hugs to everyone}}}

 
At 9/08/2006 5:50 AM, Blogger Novia said...

{{{{Big hugs}}}} Good Lord, everyone is OK. It must be really scary experience. Hope you feel better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home