Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Completely lacking will power...

I started Snow Crystal last night.



My excuse is that I had everything I needed to stitch it with one or two minor substitutions--I'll use hi-luster metallic, I might changed the beads and I may use a dyed fiber for the rhodes stitches.

I haven't added the blue yet or the metallic, but you get the idea. As usual, the colors are a bit dark from the scan (the darkish color is a bright purple in real life).

As a suggestion to anyone starting this, I think that instead of the lighter violet in the center, some pale beads would be beautiful! I may need to stitch this more than once.

Pretty isn't it?

1 Comments:

At 12/13/2006 12:47 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

Pretty, pretty. :) I love the bead idea.

I'm thinking of making up a Christmas wallhanging with a few of the different elements. Goodness knows if I'll get round to it (definitely not this year!), but it's a good thought!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home