Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Mending and Moving

I am somewhat better today so I'll go back to work tomorrow. I hate taking more than a few days off because either things really pile up or the clerk who works with me will tackle some of the cases and over schedule me (she means well so it's hard to get angry; I just get exhausted). At the very least I can breathe. I'm still coughing and using the tissues with lotion fairly frequently, but I'm on the mend.

Today was the last day for the antibiotic and the super steroid. Thank goodness. I'm sure the super steroid is what I was on as a kid. I vividly remember that ghastly taste. Eeewww. I started taking pills for my asthma when I was four-ish. I gagged on the texture and taste until Mom and Dad resorted to mashing the pills in a spoon and mixing it with sugar and water until I could consume it. Yes I was a fun kid.

This illness couldn't have come at a worse time. We have some issues with our bank (a bill wasn't paid in October because apparently the check was stolen and cashed at a local branch); since the check was drawn on my account, I have to deal with it in person. We will be moving back to the house this weekend and we will need to buy a new washer and dryer immediately. So we have packing, shopping, moving and transferring and disconnecting services to do within the next few days. I also need to deal the my benefits package at work for next year by Friday. We're attempting to add one thing, and I'm not sure if the benefits counselor will be able to meet with me again by Friday.

Add in all the other unresolved fun surrounding the fire and potential litigation, mix in the holidays, and a few other major life issues that are up in the air at the moment and I'm tired. It will be nice to be home again, such as it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home