Thursday, November 30, 2006

Really very sick.

I was getting better, really. I felt quite human a few days ago. But last night I started wearing down and having trouble breathing. I had several cases on my docket today and I know that we have a hard time finding substitute magistrates, so if I didn't go in, I'd have to continue all my cases. So I drug my very unhealthy self down to work and heard cases all day. But I'm bad enough that my boss coordinated someone to hear my cases for tomorrow so I will stay home and convalesce. If I'm still feeling terrible in the morning, I'll call my doctor just to rule out an infection.

Sometimes life throws big things at us and we hurt, but we muscle through and endure; this month however, we've just been harassed by dozens of little annoying and inconvenient things. I'm just exhausted with all the stupid little things. I'm really minimizing some of it. We actually have a few big things in the works, but I've been feeling overwhelmed this month and I'm not making the progress I should. I'm hoping that December will be better, but really, I'm just ready for 2006 to be over and have that sense of a fresh start for 2007.

We will be moving back into the house over the next week. Hopefully by next weekend, we'll be mostly there. I still have some things to coordinate and with being sick and unable to breathe, I haven't had the energy to make the necessary phone calls etc. I'm not really even sure how we are going to get our things back there.

I've managed to get a little bit of stitching done while sitting quietly in the evenings. The Japanese Garden is coming along nicely and I may have a new picture by the weekend. The blue-black border/frame is almost done and it really looks great. I think I might add some petite treasure braid soon or maybe another half of a bridge. I'm kind of bouncing all over the design right now. I need to get more of the cross-stitching done so that I can start on the specialty stitches. And I'm itching to do the specialty stitches.

Our other good news is that AOL has offered Chas another contract as leader blogger for the NCAA basketball season. They pay a decent rate and we can sure use the extra money right now. He loves it. He thinks this will cause me to get a second t.v. so that I can watch some of my shows and channels. It won't, because I know that what would actually happen is that he would watch two games at once, instead of me watching something. ;oD

I also found a magnet set that Angie loved, but we had to throw out in the post fire clean up. It's a small thing, but I'm pleased to have found it. Angie was actually excited to see it on my monitor. Now I just need to order it!

I go for the Level 2 ultrasound on Monday to see if they can detect any problems with the baby. I'll let you know, of course, what we learn. I wish I could feel some movement. She or he has either relocated or my timing is poor or something bad is happening because the baby was moving quite a bit a few weeks ago, but now I'm having a hard time feeling him or her move. It's just another worry for this month.

So that has been our month, big and small, some good and some bad in all categories. I suppose it's no wonder that I'm sick. At this point, I'd just like to breathe normally again. That would be nice.

2 Comments:

At 12/01/2006 8:13 AM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

Hugs! I hope you feel better soon! I'm sure the baby's fine. Darin used to do that to me; I had to got to the doctor two or three times because he stopped moving. They hooked me up to a monitor, and I could hear move more than I could feel it.
I know you said you don't care if the baby's a boy or a girl, but are you going to find out?

 
At 12/01/2006 9:27 AM, Blogger Holley said...

My other comment had typos and it was driving me crazy. Let's see if this one is better:

Angie did the same. I wouldn't feel her move, they'd hook me up and she would be doing back flips.

It could be that I've lost a lot of feeling in my abdomen due to a surgery years ago. I was numb when I had Angie because she was born only a year and a half later, but that has improved since I had her.

As for finding out. I don't know. Part of me want to be surprised, part of me is curious.

It's kind of up to what the baby wants to show on Monday. I know what to look for on the ultrasound for both girls and boys thanks to the internet. So if he or she is active, I'll probably figure it out.

Then the question is: Do I post the answer here? Hee-heee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home