Monday, November 20, 2006

Rediscover the Dancing Pig

Here are the before

and after photos from the weekend Rediscover SAL at the HAED BB.

Some sparklies are stitched on the right side of the design, but the scanner never picks them up. I wasn't certain that I wanted to use the Kreinik, but I like it well enough now that it is stitched. Thank heavens Bedtime Stories doesn't have the braid.

I am using tent/continental stitched over 32 count belfast pale blue shade from my Grape Thread Keeper kit. I like the speed of the tent stitch, but I've discovered that it distorts the fabric when I stitch in hand. I have a small q-snap now which seems to be helping. I also don't like the uneven weave of the belfast so I don't think I'll use it again for an over one design. The colors via scanner aren't as beautiful as they are in real life. I tweaked it to get the design colors mostly right, but it does make the color of the linen too dark. In person, the Ballet Pig glows.

She pulled me away from Bedtime Stories, but I do think with a little effort, I can probably finish her within the next few weeks. My immediate plan is to finish the background and then fill in the rest of the pig. The confetti stitching for the pig will slow me down, but I my progress over the weekend has inspired me.

Besides, I can't let Hubby's Pitt Panther be the only thing I finish this year.


At 11/21/2006 6:02 AM, Blogger cathymk said...

She looks beautiful! So graceful!

At 11/21/2006 3:08 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

You got lots done! She looks great. I'm sure you can get it finished before the end of the year! :)


Post a Comment

<< Home