Monday, December 18, 2006

Random Update

Chas emptied the garage this weekend with the help of one of his friends. The result? More things piled in front of the house, waiting for the garbage collectors to come tomorrow. Someone went through our things (salvaging being a bit of a hobby in this and many other areas), but soon realized why we were throwing out those things.

I admit I was tempted to rummage myself, just to see, but I decided not to do it. It's bad enough to look out and see my large old Christmas tree out there, a picnic basket we never used but had just in case, old exercise equipment, and so on. Worse things could have happened, but I'm a little down that my old records (yes actual records), all of my tapes (some of them specially compiled for me by people who are no longer in my life, but full of good tunes and nice memories none the less), my old journals (hmm, maybe that's for the best), my old poems and stories and even some of my Christmas Ornaments (some handmade, many sentimental) are gone for good. There is really no replacing these things.

Re-reading that part I'm struck by the notion that these are just things. Not replaceable sure, but I can survive without them. It could have been worse. At least we all left the house that morning, exhausted but together. I'm postitive I would not have functioned as well if I'd lost Chas or Angie.

On the good news side, it looks like most of my stash has survived. I checked the last set and it looks like very little soot actually touched anything (which means that CHG, Taj and MTM as well as all of my Dinky Dyes limited edition packs are okay). So although I've lost lots of things from my past, I still have things with which to play in the future.

I've been stitching quite a bit over the weekend. I think that if I try, I will finish Springtime Roses before the end of the year. I can also finish the new Snow Crystal if I can just find the right beads in my stash. I was hoping to finish QS Ballet Pigs too, but she still needs quite a bit of confetti stitching. The rest of December will likely be Chatelaine Stitching, although I'm not sure what I'll take to my Mom's house to stitch during Christmas. If I try in January, I'm sure I can finish Ballet Pig.

I completely forgot to post "Happy Hannukah" so I hope you are enjoying it if you celebrate.

For now I'm off to watch t.v. with Chas and just relax a bit. And stitch of course.

1 Comments:

At 12/19/2006 7:15 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Holley,

I'm glad your stash was mostly safe. I hope you are doing well back at the house. I would love to see some pics of what you are working on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home