Thursday, December 14, 2006

A simple update

No stitching today. I had double the number of cases on my docket as usual and spent an inordinate amount of time with one case. OY. I was so hungry that I inhaled my food (seriously--it had to be frightening to witness[I think I completely shocked one of the attorneys with how quickly I ate]).

Then we had to run to Target to buy a giving tree present for a boy in foster care (one of the few nice programs my workplace still has) because the deadline is tomorrow. It's always fun to pick out something for some child and try to imagine that it might perk up their Christmas a little bit. It's an understatement to say that it is hard for kids to be away from their families at the holidays (and any other day) even if home is a really bad situation.

I did pick out some patterns to use for the Christmas Ornament SAL. I'm up to 14 just using the 2006 Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue and the most recent issue of The Gift of Stitching. I actually found more ornaments I liked in the Gift of Stitching and I highly recommend that you subscribe to this magazine if you don't already. When the rest of my stash returns home, I'll look for other ornaments and maybe I'll buy the Best of TW Christmas one of these days. I'd love to do her Byzantine Ornaments.

Also, Chas took Angie to the library today. She made an ornament out of pipe cleaners and beads which she is wearing as a bracelet. He selected a couple baby name books for us to use. One is Classic Baby Name Book: 2000 Names from the World's Great Literature. While it does not contain his favorite "Zaphod," it has such great names as Beowolf (for boys) and Bradamante (for girls). I'm still wading through the B's at the moment. The other books is a World of Baby Names (with more than 30,000 entries.

I have faith that between this and the naming competition, we'll find a good name for our little one.

I hope.

2 Comments:

At 12/15/2006 3:46 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

Love the baby names from literature idea! I would suggest Aragorn but it begins with an A. I'm sure I can think of some other good ones. I presume you've ruled out Frankenstein? ;)

I have too many ornaments I want to stitch too! At least one a month (hopefully) will help reduce the list a little :)

 
At 12/18/2006 11:35 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Good luck with choosing the baby names. It's good to see that your workplace does something like that. I work at a community center that works in a neighborhood with tons of wealth and even more poverty. We are doing our gift drive currently and it's sad to see the kids w/o a gift.

Have a wonderful Monday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home