Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Too Pretty Not to Post

I stitched on the Snow Crystal at lunch today and while watching the Cross Town Shootout (yay Bearcats!) and made some excellent progress. Tomorrow, I may be able to use the metallics. I'm not sure what to do about the beads. The Delicas I was thinking of using may be too dark blue for the design. I don't want to use the beads listed by Martina (too pink). I may have something that is okay in my collection of Mill Hills and it would be good for me to use them. I was hoping for a Delica, but my collection isn't big enough yet.

So will this WIP become another UFO, waiting for the perfect bead? I hope not.



And in house related things:

The bathroom fan is better now. Apparently it felt neglected for the past three months and was letting us know that it did not like being left alone.

Also, anyone remember the yellow knockered fairy in the Dinky Dyes Oops packs last year? Okay, imagine that color, only more vivid, and you get the color our landlords painted the stairway leading to the basement. My husband refers to it as "discontinued yellow."

2 Comments:

At 12/14/2006 7:57 AM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

Your Snow Crystal is gorgeous!
Discontinued yellow? lol We used to know a guy who owned several rental properties, and whenever he had to paint one, he'd go to Lowes and buy the reject paints. Colors they'd mixed for people, who then decided they didn't like them (usually for a good reason). It was always alot cheaper. Led to some very ugly properties though.

 
At 12/14/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Snow Crystal is absolutely gorgeous. I just wish I was farther along with my stitching... that I did it more and had more practice.

Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home