Wednesday, January 10, 2007

January Randomness

Tough day at work. I've had lots of cases during the last few days and that means lots of orders to write. They'll all be done by Friday but I will be working very hard to finish them.

And this was one of those days during which I made someone cry. Howl actually. The Mom in me finds it heart-rending, but I hope that we actually reached this young Mom. A lot of times I just hope and pray it works out for the kids.

The pregnancy seems to be okay. The kid jumps around quite a bit and occasionally pushes down, which can be disconcerting. It's almost as if the kid wants out now. I keep telling him/her that it is too early to come out. She/he stops punching down for a few days to humor me and then it happens again. Like Angie, the kid seems to have quite a personality already.

I'm also (TMI warning)having constant nose bleeds. It drives me crazy. It also makes me a little nervous while stitching (blood is so hard to remove in the first place and I don't pre-rinse my silks). I wonder how I would look if I wore a mask while stitching.... Um. Fairly Silly I would guess.

We are still struggling with the Name Game. We've had lots of great suggestions, but nothing has really grabbed us as the perfect name yet. We've tried a few names out for a week or so, then ended up rejecting them for various reasons. I'll try to update the website soon--there aren't nearly enough hours in the day.

I have been working on JG this week in the evenings. I've almost finished cross stitching the top bridge area. Only three sides left, most of the metallics and the four bonsai trees before I can switch to the special stitches and beading. Yay!!!!! I hesitate to say it, but I stand a small chance of finishing JG before the baby is born.

Friday is the first HAED Challenge SAL. I have gathered all the supplies to start stitching. I do need to put the chart parts in protective sleeves and grid the fabric. I will stitch on it while we travel to see Chas's parents and grandparents this weekend. If stitching over one becomes too difficult in the car, I'm also bringing Snow Crystal to stitch as well. I just have three sections of the silver and a bit more cross stitching to do, then I can bead. Maybe I can finish it before the baby arrives too.

I posted links to some Christmas Ornament Freebies at the SAL blog. I'm certain there are more on the net to be found.

That's my little update. We'll be packing tomorrow so I don't know if I will post anything again until Monday. If not, have a great weekend.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/11/2007 11:17 AM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

I had nosebleeds with both pregnacies. The doctor said it wasn't unusual. Just keep some tissues nearby when you stitch.:)

 
At 1/11/2007 4:48 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

You have such a tough job - I couldn't do it. Have a great weekend. Hope those nose bleeds stops - it must be so frustrating!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home