Sunday, January 07, 2007

My stitching weekend

To de-stress, I stitched, organized and planned.

All actual stitching time was devoted to the Tree of Hope. I am amazed at how intricate the tree branches are. I was also reminded how much I love jobelan above all other fabrics. I haven't found a fabric that feels quite so wonderful for stitching. If SMF used jobelan, I don't know if I would be capable of restraining myself. The Tree is coming along nicely, but there is a lot of empty space at the top and right so I have plenty to do.

I bought some binders to organize my current wip charts and generally tidied up my stitching area. This was part of a manic burst of cleaning and organizing around the house. It could be nesting. It could be that after being here a month, I wanted to stop keeping projects sorted in Target bags. For now, my stitching supplies look neat.

I spent some time this weekend finding and printing Christmas ornament patterns (those went into their own binder). Then I started pulling fabric for the first SAL in a few weeks. I also put the fibers for my HAED SAL Challenge project in baggies and cut fabric for it. I will print the chart tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the SALs.

Thanks for the nice words in my rant-ish post. All this activity helped me de-stress quite a bit, so I feel somewhat recovered to face the coming work week. I hope this feeling lasts.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/10/2007 8:11 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Hey Holley! I find those decluttering/organizing weekends to be so theraputic. I'm also in the Ornie SAL, if you found any freebies I would love to know!

Hope you are having a great week! - Jamie

 
At 1/10/2007 8:06 PM, Blogger Holley said...

Hi Jamie,

I'm glad you're in the ornie sal too! How about if I post freebie locations at that blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home