Thursday, January 11, 2007

Woo-Hoo--I'm home early

We had to close early today due to a large power outage in downtown Cleveland. I was wondering who at the County Government forgot to pay the electric bill this month. It was interesting to hear all the security officers from the various county buildings reporting the outage over the County Security Communications.

And good to know--the panic button works even in the event of an outage (no drama in the Courtroom today, the guards just asked me to test the system for them).

It was kind of funny because the clerks were immediately unable to do their jobs, and there I was at the bench, in the dark, hand writing orders. (You can insert your joke about blind justice here.)

The only bad part is that I left my stitching behind. Right now I'm just hoping that they are in my office (which I keep locked) and not sitting out near a trash can somewhere. Oh well, if they get thrown out, at least they weren't my silk projects.

I hope that we can get back in tomorrow because I don't want to continue a full day's worth of cases. Also, the stitching projects left at the Court are the ones I was planning to take to Pennsylvania with me tomorrow and I was really anticipating starting the HAED Challenge SAL tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2007 1:56 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Have a good trip to PA. Hope all is well at the courthouse. I left my wallet at work today and was an hour away ordering coffee before I realized.

 
At 1/14/2007 3:11 AM, Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Missing your stitching and home early how sad to have the time and not have your materials. Hope you had other projects to work on. Hope you get them in time for PA trip. Safe travels, CJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home