Thursday, August 27, 2009

I so rarely do this....

I wanted to say never, but that would be wrong because obviously I'm doing it now or I wouldn't be posting about it. And it happens from time to time. I'm pretty certain I've written about it here.

I had a really rough day. We were told yesterday at work that we were moving today (not Friday or Monday as we had been led to believe). That launched everyone into an insane flurry of packing in two buildings. Then the movers arrived and moaned and complained (that isn't on my list to move. I don't know why, I told them it needed to be moved). My current understanding is that my stuff is in the other building, in the wrong spots (we didn't know where to put it. uhhh. the big freaking note I put on it didn't help?).

Imagine the ensuing drama and chaos typical of a move.

Then imagine: it's being coordinated by the government.

Then imagine that your husband is calling you with a few snafus in the whole home buying process (one of which turned out okay as a government reg was rewritten).

Then imagine that you are also trying to plan a retirement party for your assistant. That party being held tomorrow.

Then imagine you are still trying to do your job, because it must be done, although your office (soon to be your office no more) is in disarray and the monitor is over there, the printer is here and watch out, don't step on the keyboard and then people keep walking into your room to talk to you while you do your job....

Thud.

You can stop imagining--I think that is quite enough.

And now it is a few hours later and I'm home.

So that tall glass of chocolate milk and Bailey's Irish Creme prepared by my loving hubby is empty.

And I'm going to quilt! {insert evil laugh here}

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8/28/2009 9:22 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

I have never tried chocolate milk + Bailey's, but it sounds like it would be an awesome cure for a day like that :)

Hope you have a calm and relaxing weekend!

 
At 8/30/2009 12:49 PM, Blogger Brenda Lou said...

Imagine if you would've called in sick????? LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home