Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm allowed to be a little sad right?

I know this is just a miscarriage and that compared to friends and family, it's not a devastating loss, but I'm still a little sad. We will try again and my spirit isn't crushed. This isn't an enormous loss, but I'm still a little achy for the tiny person who could have been.

We haven't told our families yet, if we ever do. We're trying to keep it in perspective and don't want to upset them unnecessarily. And yes, to me it feels a little weird not saying anything.

It's okay to feel just a little sad for a bit longer right? It's only been a week. I'm not being overly melodramatic to feel a little upset still? How do you gauge the appropriate level of grief?

3 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 1:45 PM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

You are so! allowed to be sad! Whether you told anyone or not. As soon as you find out you're pregnant, you start loving that little person! I hope everything works out well for you next time!

 
At 6/06/2006 7:37 PM, Blogger Holley said...

Thanks. I needed that.

 
At 6/16/2006 3:48 AM, Blogger Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

The appropriate level of grief is however much you feel. Yes you are so aloud to be sad. Brian and I lost our first pregnancy and we still feel sad about that and that was 10 years ago.
So you feel as sad as you need to feel for as long as you need to feel that way. And don't ever let anyone tell you that you shouldn't. Nor should you feel guilty for feeling sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home