Monday, June 05, 2006

Wonky Thyroid Absolved of Guilt.

Well Doctor N's Office just called and told me that the thyroid would not have caused the miscarriage but the pregnancy likely caused the dip.

I feel better and worse.

If it had been the thyroid, then I would have had something tangible to address the next time we get pregnant so that I could try to prevent another miscarriage.

It's good in that I can stop blaming myself for not picking up on the thyroid signs, addressing it and thereby saving the little baby to be.

So I guess I'm back to Dr. B's hypothesis that this type of miscarriage occur in one in five pregnancies and are usually the body's way of dealing with a pregnancy that is not forming correctly and there is nothing more to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home