Tuesday, December 19, 2006

As Requested: Photos

I don't have time to post all my wips this month, but here are my two primary pieces. Why am I concentrating on them? Because I stand a chance of finishing them by 2007.

Springtime Roses by Chatelaine:



and Snow Crystal also by Chatelaine:



You can see why my mood has been sparkly lately. I love both of these designs. I'm working with lots of metallics. The grey-ish area in the snow crystal is the silver metallic. It is much more beautiful in real life. The scan causes the colors to blend together in the photo. I was feeling kind of blah about the Springtime Roses--love Dragonflies, but was questioning my fabric and the DMC colors. Then I started adding the silk shading around the Dragonfly and it really began to pop for me. I can't wait to finish it.

hopefully I will have finished photos by the end of this week. Next week I'm running an End of the Year Chatelaine SAL at the Chatelaine Ez Board in the Chatelaine Olympics forum. If you are stitching a Chatelaine, please feel free to join us!

3 Comments:

At 12/20/2006 12:21 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Beautiful. I love them both! Good luck on finishing before 2007!

 
At 12/21/2006 12:22 AM, Blogger Deb said...

You can totally finish them before 2007!! I've got both kitted but probably won't even start them until 2010, Bwahahaha!

 
At 12/21/2006 3:17 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

They're gorgeous! I don't know why I've not stitched Springtime Roses yet. Or the Christmas mandala actually! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home