Thursday, December 21, 2006

My kind of 24 hours

For the last twenty four hours, I've been finding good in the silly little things:

1. Yesterday we received our New Doctor Who DVD (our gift to each other for the holidays). Yay. David Tennant seems like a nice enough guy, but both Chas and I feel that he appears to be a twelve year old wearing his dad's suits and having adventures. When he tries to be stern or fierce, I have this overwhelming urge to pat him on the head whilst saying, "Awwwwww. Are you upset little boy?" Christopher Eccleston was brilliant on the other hand. In a mere 13 episodes, he became one of Chas's favorite Doctors. He is one of my favorites too, but I am only familiar with Tom Baker. Chas is much more familiar with the previous incarnations.

Anyway, happy, happy. I don't know when we'll watch it, but it's here.

2. I received notice that my Mystery X (which just sounds cool) kit has been shipped. Hooray. If I go with the kit fabric, I can start when the first part is released. If I decide to go with another fabric, I'll be waiting for that fabric to arrive, but I'll still be closer to starting on time.

3. Today's advent kalendar chart at the Chatelaine Yahoo Group is just the cutest little thing: a house, snow covered trees, some stars and even a tiny little sleigh. I think I'll have fun creating my sampler from the various bits she's released. I might try to see if anyone at the EZ board want to have a Chatelaine Advent Kalendar Sampler SAL with me next year. The parts are so small that we could stitch it rather quickly. It will actually take longer to determine the placement of the designs, but it will be fun!

4. The title to the new and final Harry Potter book has been released! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm wondering if the title refers to the night Harry's parents were killed. I can't wait to read it. Yes, I am a nerd. In spite of this (or perhaps because of it), I am well loved anyway.

5. Martina has released a new design: The St. Petersburg White Nights Mandala! Oooooooh. This will be bigger than her other mandalas! I might need to add it to my to do list. I love the colors and the architecture.

So that is a non-family or work related good day for me: Stitching and sci-fi fantasy stuff.

In other news, we cleaned the apartment tonight so Chas will turn in the keys tomorrow. Tomorrow will be my last day of work until Wednesday and the last several have been rough. I could possibly meet my stitching goals, if I could actually have a full lunch hour instead of just gobbling down food in five minutes and running back to my cases. Let's not even talk about all the writing I need to do right now.

Sigh.

In other good news, an old friend found my address somehow and sent me a Card. I haven't talked to her since before Angie was born. I'd lost her address and her e-mail address had changed so I had no way to find her.

Finally, apologies. Lots of people have sent me Christmas cards. Although I had good intentions, I am not sending out cards again this year. I thought I could manage it, but it is not going to happen. The cards I bought last year (always hit the post holiday 50% off sales) we in the basement before the fire and so were tossed out with most of the paper goods from down there. I just didn't make buying new ones a high priority. Sorry. I do appreciate the cards. I hope you and your families are having wonderful holidays. I'll try to do better next year.

Anyway, I'm off to watch Angie and to stitch. I need to finish more projects if Martina is going to keep posting beautiful new designs.

4 Comments:

At 12/21/2006 9:46 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

Dr Who - hooray! I'm a big fan of almost all the Doctors. Tom Baker is the best definitely but I like the new ones. David Tennant grows on you. Get the tissues out for the last episode - I was in floods of tears :o

Mystery X - yummy colours. I'm waiting to see what it looks like before I decide :)

Advent calendar - I might be interested in a SAL. I was thinking it would be nice to make up my own wall hanging type piece :)

I didn't send all the cards I wanted to either so a very Merry Christmas to you!

 
At 12/21/2006 9:48 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

PS Thanks for the Harry Potter heads up - Can't decide if I'm looking forward to it or not. I'm worried she'll end it with something drastic. The last one was sad enough for me. I want a happy ending!

 
At 12/22/2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

I'm so glad you had a good 24 hours! Those times are the best. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas... Not sure when I'll get on between now and the year.

Happy 2007! I *think* I'm going to take a huge step and buy a Chatelaine.

 
At 12/22/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger jymisgurl said...

I thougth about an Advent sampler too, but it's not very high on my to-do list. I love the new White Lights! It's too gorgeous! Happy holidays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home