Friday, January 19, 2007

Augh.

This latest brilliant move should sum up my week for you:

Tonight, while on the phone with my Mom, I accidentally deleted Angie's absolute favorite episode of the Backyardigans. Then my Mom started blaming herself for the deletion. No Mom, I'm pretty sure that was all me. That is what happens when I try to multi task and I am completely and wholly exhausted. I'm all hormonal so I just want to cry between deleting the show Angie currently loves the most and Mom blaming herself for something completely unrelated to anything she did.

Sigh. At least I can re-record the episode. It isn't on again for another nine days, but we will get it back. I'll just feel like an idiot every time she asks to see it.

This week has just been chock full of stupid and annoying little things like that. Sometimes it's my error (or more likely the new and exciting forgetful stage of the pregnancy that I've entered); other times, it was other peoples mistakes that were blamed upon me and took some time to sort out. I'm so glad it's the weekend.

I wanted to stitch the lady in Midi 1 tonight, having finally made a decision about the dress. However, considering my current state of mind, I think I'll just pass on the stitching. Instead, I've been planning the ornaments for next week's sal and then I'll cut some fabric and maybe grab some fibers. Heaven help me that I don't make major mistakes with the cutting.

On the good news front from this week. I received a shipment of fabric from Sugar Maple Fabrics--Gorgeous stuff. My favorite keeps changing. I like Breeze, and Snowflake, and Iris, and Fairy Garden, and .... I'm torn between stitching on them or just hanging them up and enjoying them in their pure state.

Chas and Angie picked up the sofa bed from IKEA in Pittsburgh today. They had a nice little adventure today, shopping in PA. Chas wanted to buy some University of Pittsburgh gear for the kids, bought some things, still wasn't pleased with his selections so he was muttering about searching on-line. Angie picked out an outfit for the baby ("pirates"--that's my girl) and then asked nicely for the Superman pjs for herself (which she received since she used her good manners). They arrived home roughly a half hour before I came home from work and we all ran out the door to take Angie to Gymboree.

Afterwards we ate dinner and went shopping for more baby clothes--had to use the Gymbucks before they expired and we expect to get snowed in tomorrow. I even bought some preemie stuff because we don't know how big this child will be. My brothers and I were all enormous and I thought Angie would be the same. She was tiny (but still healthy and considered full size) so the clothes we bought in 0 to 3 months were gigantic on her. Since we haven't had a chance to assess the damage to Angie's baby clothes, this child has gone from having one new onesie to an entire wardrobe suitable for everything from leaky diapers to dress up occasions.

Due to all this activity, we came home late, which led to my t.v. error above.

It might not be the worst thing to be trapped at home tomorrow. Umm. As long as we have heat. Please.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1/20/2007 3:45 PM, Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Hope the heat stays on and you get some time to catch up on your rest(you need more of that now). Everything seems better after a good nights sleep. Glad to hear the baby will be all decked out when it arrives.

 
At 1/20/2007 5:53 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Oh I hope you have heat!!! At least you can probably get all snuggled and stitch.

 
At 1/21/2007 11:13 AM, Blogger Angi said...

As cold as it is here Holley, I can't imagine not having heat!! Snuggle in! This stage of pregnancy doesn't last forever!

 
At 1/21/2007 6:19 PM, Blogger Karin said...

Hope that everything goes well as the storm rolls in and that you get lots of stitching done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home