Thursday, October 18, 2007

Stitching Blurbs

I've had some bouts of frogging lately, but I've still stitched a bit on a few things.

I beaded Amethyst Mystery--quick and fun. I'm pleased with the substitutes (yes plural--I used two different delicas) Now I only need the right crystals to complete it. If I order them soon, I might receive them in time to finish it this month.

Last night I finished the Rose bookmark--scan to come soon. So that is my 18th finish in the Challenge and my UFO project from the monthly goals. I am mostly pleased with it, but I pulled the wrong thread as I finished it so I need to fix it.

I also stitched a bit on Japanese Garden. It's going to take a very long time to finish even one crane medallion. Or at least that is how it feels to me.

I stitched a bit on my HAED SAL Challenge project during the SAL last weekend, but not much. See:

There is a bit more done since last SAL, but it definitely isn't my best effort this month.

I've finished the herb names on the left side of Midi 1. I tried to work on some of the flowers, but that is where the frogs appeared so I didn't get far. I might be able to finish Midi this month if I focus on her for the rest of the month. I would really love a big finish, but I'm not sure my short attention span stitching style will allow me to focus on one thing for two weeks. Anyone want to try and motivate me with words of encouragement?

I've picked out my ornie for next weekend. hopefully I'll manage to finish it too as it is one of my more challenging ornies. I've stitched at least one ornie each SAL and I'd hate to miss one this late in the year. Of course, if it means I finish Midi, I guess I won't mind.

In other news, Kian is six months old today! He is fussing on my lap at the moment, but I'm just thrilled to have my big, beautiful boy. (Now if only that darn tooth would pop through!)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home