Tuesday, March 04, 2008

As I eagerly Await the Primary Election Results....

My main thought is: We really need to have elections in July.

Perhaps it was the block of ice encasing my car.

Perhaps it was the terrifying drive home during rush hour.

Or maybe it was the sheet of ice covering the parking lot outside the polling station.

Or the sharp, painful, freezing rain attacking my face as I returned to my car.

Or maybe just all of the above.

I love voting. I love the potential for change. I dislike the pettiness, but I love entering my selection.

In this country, women have had the right to vote in national elections for less than 100 years and I cherish my ability to cast a ballot.

But really, is it too much to ask to be able to vote when the weather is somewhat more likely to be pleasant?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home